Science and Technology Editor & Assistant
Maximize your impact by supporting the talented and dedicated team working to transform the food system
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is at the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide manuscript editing, proofreading, research, administrative, and other support to the Science and Technology Department. The Science and Technology Editor & Assistant will be responsible for:
- Proofreading and editing scientific papers, presentations, and other documents authored by the Science and Technology team.
- Initiating, managing, and completing projects as assigned by the Director of Science and Technology that may involve convening groups of staff, consultants, external scientists, and others, collecting and analyzing data, carrying out research, and presenting data.
- Managing and supporting the schedule of the Science and Technology Director and Associate Directors by booking all travel arrangements, scheduling and confirming team and external meetings, and assisting with the management of calendars.
- Providing accounting support to the Science and Technology Team, including processing expenses, ensuring reimbursement of travel expenses from external parties, facilitating payments to contractors, and assisting with budget monitoring.
- Assisting with the execution and maintenance of independent contractor agreements and NDAs required by the department.
- Ensuring CRM is updated with the Science and Technology Team’s notes from meetings and other oral and written communications.
- Ensuring all department documents and databases are updated.
- Helping the Science and Technology Team stay organized and meet deadlines through the use of project management software.
- Drafting letters, correspondence, presentations, and general information/materials.
- Managing all general inquiries to the Director of Science and Technology and the Science and Technology Team.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Who We’re Looking For
The Science and Technology Editor & Assistant must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in biology or a related field.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in administrative support, communications, and/or science writing/editing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a high degree of organization, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- The ability to work creatively and effectively as a member of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Powerpoint, MS Excel, G Suite (Google Apps), and CRM systems (Salesforce).
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission; demonstrated interest in public health, environmentalism, animal protection, or hunger relief.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: David Welch, Director of Science and Technology
Location: Remote; United States
Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, opportunity for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
This is a U.S.-based position: We are only able to consider applicants who are United States citizens or who already possess a United States Worker Visa.
Application Deadline: February 2, 2020
Please apply online at https://grnh.se/be5102372
- Category Environmentalism
- Created by Chris Hu
- Submitted 09 Jan
- Last updated 09 Jan