Strategic Planning Specialist
Coordinate the global strategy to transform the food system
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is at the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will provide high-level strategy and planning, coordination, and execution support to the Executive team and our international affiliates. This will include ensuring that global priorities are well-coordinated and communicated across the organization, the effectiveness of our strategies is evaluated using data, and any necessary course corrections are implemented. In addition, this role will add general project management capacity and technical support to the Executive team. For purposes of this job description, ‘priorities’ and ‘goals’ are generally synonymous with our Objectives, Key Results, and Actions (OKRA) framework. The Strategic Planning Specialist will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Chief of Staff in improving the planning, revision, and execution of GFI’s global strategy and workstreams within the OKRA framework on a quarterly and annual basis by acting as a liaison across U.S. departments and international affiliates.
- Collaborating with GFI departments to establish, track, and report on quantitative and qualitative metrics of progress toward organizational goals, including the development of effective proxy metrics for progress toward goals that cannot be measured directly.
- Providing analytical support to the Executive department and international affiliates as well as back-up support to the Executive Team Assistant as needed.
- Supporting GFI’s Global Committees by organizing meetings, taking and distributing meeting minutes, and overseeing follow-up with internal stakeholders within the OKRA framework.
- Sharing feedback and making recommendations to GFI leadership highlighting key strategy learnings and opportunities for improvement.
- Representing the Executive team on the Web Governance Committee as we create a new website, ensuring coordination with affiliate teams to ensure GFI’s global presence is appropriately communicated to our key external stakeholders.
- Identifying gaps between the objectives of the US and affiliate strategic plans and execution, and providing real-time, actionable feedback and adjustments.
- Identifying high-impact opportunities within the existing strategic plans and bringing them to the Executive team and international managing directors for consideration.
- Serving as a Salesforce Super User for the Executive team, including participating in Salesforce reporting and assisting affiliates with data evaluation as needed.
- Providing Asana project support and general training and guidance on the system to Executive Team and affiliate staff.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Who We’re Looking For
The Strategic Planning Specialist must have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in project management.
- Demonstrated strategic planning and execution skills.
- Exceptional research and analysis skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Interest in, functional understanding of, and ability to speak to both the business and science sides of GFI’s work.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving global organization.
- Support for GFI’s philosophy and ability to professionally advocate for GFI’s positions.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience establishing and measuring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), especially within OKR (Objectives and Key Results) systems.
- PMP certification.
- Experience either working internationally or coordinating projects across multiple countries/regions.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Sanah Baig, Chief of Staff
Location: Remote; United States
Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, opportunity for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
This is a U.S.-based position: We are only able to consider applicants who are United States citizens or who already possess a United States Worker Visa.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
Please apply online at https://grnh.se/078927fd2
- Category Animal Welfare
- Created by Chris Hu
- Submitted 08 Nov
- Last updated 08 Nov