Applications for this job may be closed.
The Good Food Institute
Consumer Research Scientist (Seafood)
Drive the research behind our efforts to promote sustainable seafood
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is at the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will have the opportunity to design and implement key consumer research projects, the results of which will help to accelerate the development and commercialization of plant-based and cell-based seafood. The Consumer Research Scientist (Seafood) will be responsible for:
- Designing a prioritized consumer research plan for understanding consumer trends around plant-based and cell-based seafood.
- Leading the implementation of key consumer research projects related to plant-based and cell-based seafood.
- Working with external partners on collaborative consumer research opportunities.
- Developing compelling communications materials and reports explaining study results.
- Presenting key research findings at relevant conferences and events.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Who We’re Looking For
The Consumer Research Scientist (Seafood) must have:
- A master’s degree in a relevant social science field is preferred (e.g., communication, psychology, sociology, behavioral science). We will also consider candidates with a bachelor’s degree with relevant experience at a market research company.
- Relevant research experience, proficiency with quantitative social science research methods, and knowledge of prescriptive and inferential statistics.
- Proficiency with SPSS or other data analysis software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to maintain an organized, efficient, and accurate workflow.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission; demonstrated interest in public health, environmentalism, animal protection, or hunger relief.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Keri Szejda, Senior Consumer Research Scientist
Location: Remote; United States
Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, opportunity for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
This is a U.S.-based position: We are only able to consider applicants who are United States citizens or who already possess a United States Worker Visa.
Application Deadline: September 29, 2019
- Category Animal Welfare
- Created by Chris Hu
- Submitted 05 Sep
- Last updated 05 Sep