Applications for this job may be closed.
Develop GFI’s program to build better seafood
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
GFI’s Sustainable Seafood Initiative (SSI) Manager will spearhead GFI’s efforts to equip producers, investors, researchers, and governments with the tools to advance the development of plant-based and clean seafood products. The SSI Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the expansion of this program proceeds strategically and with the input and involvement of key stakeholders to achieve maximum impact. The Sustainable Seafood Initiative Manager will be responsible for:
- Creating a strategic plan to serve as a roadmap for advancing plant-based and clean seafood. These activities will include scientific research, innovation activities, corporate engagements, and policy needs.
- Engaging prospective stakeholders identified in our strategic plan to gauge their interest and capacity to engage as formal or informal partners.
- Presenting opportunities in plant-based and cell-based seafood to address urgent challenges facing oceans, food security, and sustainability by speaking and tabling at conferences.
- Building GFI’s capacity to serve as a knowledge hub for the plant-based and cell-based seafood industry and to guide public discourse around it.
- Developing budgets and funding proposals for the expansion and maintenance of the Sustainable Seafood Initiative.
Who We’re Looking For
The Sustainable Seafood Initiative Manager must have:
- Extensive project management experience, preferably including managing teams comprised of diverse skill sets and domains of expertise.
- A background in the life sciences, food science, environmental science, or policy is preferred. Experience working with plant-based or clean meat companies or within the seafood industry is a strong plus.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Adept at public speaking.
- Experience analyzing primary literature and reports and conducting literature reviews.
- Basic functional understanding of the principles and methods used in plant-based or clean meat research and manufacturing.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making, including setting and managing priorities and meeting competing deadlines.
- Support for GFI’s philosophy and ability to professionally advocate GFI’s positions.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Brad Barbera, Director of Innovation
- Location: Remote; United States
- Benefits: Working from home or a co-working space (whichever you prefer), full employee medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
For our U.S.-based positions: We are only able to consider applicants who are United States citizens or who already possess a United States Worker Visa. We cannot sponsor visa applications.
Application Deadline: December 23, 2018
- Category Other
- Created by Anastasia Orth
- Submitted 21 Nov
- Last updated 21 Nov