Applications for this job may be closed.
Build the team transforming the food system
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will coordinate GFI’s hiring efforts and work closely with department directors and other staff to hire the best possible people, while representing GFI well and providing applicants the best possible experience. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and critically assessing applicant materials, making recommendations, and working with hiring teams to facilitate decision-making.
- Communicating with prospects and applicants at all stages of the process, representing GFI’s positions and processes accurately and professionally, and demonstrating care for applicants.
- Coordinating the applicant review process by helping reviewers follow the standard operating procedures for hiring, administering assignments to applicants, and informing applicants of the hiring committees’ decisions.
- Initiating hiring-related special projects that will strengthen our process, operationalize our commitment to diversity and inclusion in our hiring efforts, and enable us to hire the most qualified candidates efficiently.
- Performing other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Who We’re Looking For
The Talent Acquisition Specialist must have:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- At least two years’ experience working in hiring, education, or recruitment preferred.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to analyze the quality of writing in applications.
- Ability to confidently speak to all aspects of GFI’s mission and operations, to professionally navigate sensitive issues, and to compassionately deliver rejections.
- Proven project management and organizational skills.
- Confidence in quickly developing clear, nuanced, well-substantiated critiques.
- Eagerness to identify and correct your own cognitive and social biases insofar as they affect the accuracy and fairness of your hiring recommendations.
- Support for GFI’s philosophy and ability to advocate professionally for GFI’s positions.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, gender, age, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Andrew Kirschner, Hiring Team Manager
- Location: Remote (must live in the United States)
- Benefits: Working from home (we can also work with you on co-working space options, if you prefer), full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible holiday and vacation plans, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
Application Deadline: November 18, 2018
APPLY ONLINE AT https://grnh.se/bd5cba462
- Category Other
- Created by Anastasia Orth
- Submitted 08 Oct
- Last updated 08 Oct