Applications for this job may be closed.
Support GFI’s Legal Efforts to Transform the Global Food System
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will have the opportunity to enable the Legal Department to fully meet GFI’s compliance and risk management objectives by providing accurate and timely support and working collaboratively across operations and program areas. The Paralegal will be responsible for:
- Managing multiple projects to completion.
- Creating, updating, and organizing legal resources (frequently used communications, sensitive documents, contracts, etc.) for recordkeeping and future use.
- Managing corporate filings in the U.S. and internationally, with the assistance of counsel, outside service providers, and other GFI departments.
- Identifying recurring compliance and risk issues in GFI’s operations and program areas and implementing initiatives to address them by creating more effective and efficient processes.
- Drafting and reviewing documents and policies for completeness and accuracy and making updates as needed.
- Tracking and supporting the execution of GFI compliance programs and trainings in collaboration with GFI’s Operations department.
- Conducting researching and gathering relevant information for legal team projects.
- Assisting GFI’s in-house attorneys in communicating legal responses and recommendations to team members and external stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who We’re Looking For
The Paralegal must have:
- Associate’s degree; minimum two years experience as a paralegal.
- Corporate or law firm experience preferred.
- Self-motivation: the ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Experience or interest in taking initiative, identifying problems, and developing solutions.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Amy Shepherd, General Counsel
- Location: Remote; United States
- Benefits: Working from home or a co-working space (whichever you prefer), full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible holiday and vacation plans, high levels of autonomy, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
Application Deadline: November 18, 2018
APPLY ONLINE AT https://grnh.se/d163da972
- Category Other
- Created by Anastasia Orth
- Submitted 08 Oct
- Last updated 08 Oct