Applications for this job may be closed.
The right candidate will be responsible for supporting the development and strengthening of partnerships with leading USA based food companies in order to deliver higher farm animal welfare standards within food businesses and the wider market.
The Food Business Coordinator will engage with leading US food companies to promote the value of improved farm animal welfare policies and practices. They will support the food business team with the development and management of relationships with companies working within various sectors of the industry, including producers, food retailers, producers, manufacturers and restaurants. They will coordinate and participate in various events that the food business team executes. They will be comfortable with motivating companies and creating opportunities where necessary to encourage improvements throughout their supply chain. The right candidate will be comfortable operating in high-level and high-pressure professional settings. They must also be extremely detail-oriented, persuasive and passionate about the organization’s mission.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Support the food business team in projects with food companies to deliver improved farm animal welfare policies and practices
• Engagement with US food companies leading to concrete up-front commitments, in addition to commitments to long term projects and sustained animal welfare progress
• Development of the food business key contact network
• Development of best practice animal welfare partnerships with food industry leaders
• Organization and management of food business communications and opportunities within our network of current and prospective corporate partners
• Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of high-profile food business tools and partnership projects
• Analyze research and industries related to the team’s strategic work and stay current on market trends
• Collaborate with external agencies including technical consultants in areas such as agricultural economics, animal welfare, supply chain management and corporate responsibility
• Represent the organization in alignment with the Food Business objectives through coalition work and other external group projects
• Develop and maintain record keeping with regard to food business engagement, targets and progress
• Plan and participate in the implementation of events conducted by the food business team including, but not limited to, food business and investor-focused forums and roundtables
• Support the Executive Director as needed in various capacities.
• Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, business management, financial management or equivalent experience (preferred)
• Experience in a related field preferred (non-profit, corporate outreach or account management position) • Salesforce and CRM experience (preferred)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as high degree of organization and efficiency
• Self-motivation with ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
• Understanding of, and ability to work within, the considerations of consumer marketing and brand objectives
• Experience in managing complex projects with external partners
• The post will involve some travel within the USA, roughly 10-20%, and occasional travel to Europe
• Act in accordance with the principles of Compassion in World Farming’s Ethical, Anti-Harassment and Anti-Discrimination Policies
• Team player
• Demonstrate great attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Friendly, positive, client/customer service-oriented personality
• Personal qualities should include: team player, fearless, trustworthy and professional, diplomatic, organized, demonstrates initiative, innovative and creative, positive, strategic, forward thinking, approachable and adaptable, compassionate to people and animals.
• Commitment to CIWF’s philosophy and missions and to the objectives of the organization
CIWF offers a generous benefits package including 25 days vacation, ample sick leave, paid family and medical leave, flexible work schedules, healthcare reimbursement, and a 403(b) retirement plan, all in a respectful, vibrant and welcoming work environment.
CIWF is an equal opportunity employer, and supports the facilitation of diversity, representation, and inclusivity within the animal protection movement.
To apply, please answer the following questions and send along with your resume & cover letter to email@example.com
Why do you want to work at CIWF?
What relevant experience do you have to succeed in this role?
To what do you attribute your past successes?
What are your salary expectations?
Full details can be found on our web site:
Time commitment: Full time
Applications due: 2018-10-24