Applications for this job may be closed.
Start date: July 2018.
Hours: Full time (40 hours per week).
Location: Flexible, with a preference for Northeast USA (working remotely).
Salary: Competitive for non-profit jobs in the USA. Health insurance included.
One for the World (OFTW), a non-profit dedicated to alleviating global poverty, is seeking a passionate and highly capable candidate to lead our operations. They will report directly to the CEO and have significant exposure to the Advisory Board. This will be the organization’s first full-time hire, as the organization is currently run by part-time, unpaid volunteers.
- Chapter management. Provide guidance, training and mentorship to “chapter” leaders, to enable them to run effective chapters and recruit new OFTW members. (Chapters are local groups of OFTW members run by students on college campuses).
- Marketing and communications. Collaborate with chapter leaders to develop marketing materials to promote OFTW on college campuses and online. Manage central OFTW social media accounts, and facilitate effective use of social media at the chapter level. Manage regular email communications to existing donors.
- New school expansion. In collaboration with the CEO, recruit student leaders to start 5-10 new chapters in academic year 2018-2019, and mentor them to found successful chapters.
- Operations. Provide strategic direction to the organisation as it scales up its operations. Track, disburse, and report members’ donations on a monthly basis. Manage our annual budget.
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated passion for One for the World’s mission and knowledge of the Effective Altruism movement more broadly.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and execution-oriented. Ability to effectively track multiple projects and keep all moving forward.
- Ability to think about big picture strategy, and turn this into reality.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate chapter leaders, influence peers, and provide high level guidance about how to run a successful OFTW chapter.
- Comfortable presenting the ideas of One for the World to students / young professionals, and asking them to donate to our recommended charities.
- Willing to travel to chapters, approximately 3 times a year (September, January, March-April), mostly in the Northeast.
We plan to respond to all submissions. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
One for the World (www.1fortheworld.org) is a fast-growing non-profit organization that encourages students and young professionals to give at least 1% of their current and future income to highly effective charities working to help some of the world’s poorest people. One for the World is currently run by an Advisory Board that works on a non-paid basis. One for the World has raised $225k for effective charities to date, from 300+ donors, at 5 chapters. We are growing quickly and expect to raise an additional $5 million by 2022.
- Category Global Poverty
- Created by Rossa O'Keeffe-O'Donovan
- Submitted 27 Apr
- Last updated 27 Apr